Memorial Cup FanFest
Free to everyone – families, kids, students, even the not-yet-a-hockeyfan – the Centennial FanFest in The Cooperators Centre and Banner Hall will be filled with an impressive line-up of activities. Those activities include Hockey Hall of Fame memorabilia displays, interactive games, military displays and presentations, family friendly activities, and a visit by the Stanley Cup. This all audiences interactive venue at the upcoming event is free to the general public and is open daily to all fans from May 18-27th.
“We are delighted to announce this amazing hands-on Mastercard Memorial Cup experience,” says
Shaun Semple, Chair of Regina’s Host Committee. “We’ve pulled out all the stops to make the 100th
anniversary edition the biggest in the history of the event, including the largest Hockey Hall of Fame display ever produced for a Cup event.”
The FanFest venue will be located at Evraz Place in the DQ Grill & Chill Rink, Banner Hall and the AgEx
Pavillion and feature displays by:
- Hockey Hall of Fame – Featuring ‘Legends of Hockey’, the largest-ever travelling collection of NHL and Mastercard Memorial Cup memorabilia and photography, along with interactive games and a display of historic NHL trophies, including a one-day visit by the Stanley Cup – a must-see destination at the 2018 Mastercard Memorial Cup.
- The Stanley cup will visit Fanfest in the AgEx at Evraz Place between 4pm and 9pm on Wednesday May 23rd. Phil Pritchard, the keeper of the cup, will be doing a presentation between 6pm and 6:30pm.
- Saskatchewan Hockey Association – Grab a stick and try a shot, or jump in the live game at the
SHA’s indoor playing surface – no skates required. Afterward, replenish your electrolytes at the
Gatorade Hydration Station.
- Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame – Our province’s sports history takes centre-stage at the
Saskatchewan Sports Hall of Fame’s new travelling display, recalling the province’s proudest
sporting moments with hundreds of artifacts.
- TopShot Hockey – Hockey skills development is the focus with multiple competitive game
opportunities from Top-Shot Hockey.
- Canadian Armed Forces – Enjoy displays and interactives including a large obstacle course, Friday
May 18 – 21 and Friday May 26-28, 2018.
Over 2500 Saskatchewan students will visit this exciting venue and participate in educational programming on hockey, safety, heritage, community, and history. Additional displays by Health Canada, Mosaic, and many others, along with Mastercard Memorial Cup merchandise and numerous food and beverage kiosks will make this a must-see Mastercard Memorial Cup stop for all hockey fans.
The FanFest area will be open daily to all fans from May 18-27th.