HALIFAX, N.S. – From skating on artificial ice to taking in hot stove sessions featuring special guests including NHL alumni, hockey fans of all ages are invited to enjoy the free fun at the Memorial Cup Kubota Fan Zone.
The Kubota Fan Zone will kick off Friday, May 17 at the Halifax Convention, with doors open daily from 4 to 7 p.m. throughout the tournament, with the exception of Saturday, May 18 and Saturday, May 25, when it will be open to the public from 12:00 to 3:30 p.m.
With the East Coast hospitality visitors have come to expect from Halifax, the Kubota Fan Zone will welcome both Memorial Cup fans and local school groups before every game to an interactive and immersive hockey experience. Other Kubota Fan Zone features include a Hockey Hall of Fame exhibit, an opportunity to play e-sports and daily entertainment from local performers.
“We’re thrilled to offer more ways for hockey fans and families to experience the 2019 Memorial Cup, at no cost to the public,” host organizing committee chair Mat Harris said. “The Kubota Fan Zone is a must-do for kids and grown-ups alike, whether they are attending games or not, with enough fun to keep everyone entertained.”
There will be 14 different interactive games on site presented by Top Shot Hockey, in addition to the opportunity to visit 11 different vendors including the Bluenose Marathon, Canadian Blind Hockey and the Canadian Armed Forces.
The Memorial Cup Kubota Fan Zone will feature:
- The Hockey Hall of Fame New Legends exhibit, which will highlight history, memories and players from the Canadian Hockey League, as well as from U Sports, Hockey Canada and military hockey.
- Top Shot Hockey interactive games, including the opportunity to skate on “glice,” an artificial ice rink with a 98 per cent glide factor compared to real ice, which will be available to try Friday, May 17 through Friday, May 24.
- Market Gravity, a Deloitte business, and Atlantic Lottery are bringing the exciting world of esports and video gaming to the Fan Zone! Fans will be able to both play and spectate NHL19 matches for the chance to win awesome prizes, such as game tickets, copies of the game, and more! Feel like facing off? Challenge a friend to go head-to-head on the main stage for even more fun and chances at prizes. The activation will be 19+ from Friday, May 17 to Sunday, May 19 but will remain open to all ages past opening weekend for the rest of the Memorial Cup!
- A daily hot stove event featuring special guests, including NHL alumni and others, hosted by Nova Scotia Sports Hall of Fame CEO Bruce Rainnie.
- Daily performances from a variety of entertainers.
The 2019 Memorial Cup runs May 16-26 in the heart of downtown Halifax featuring the top four Canadian Hockey League teams facing off in six days of round-robin play. Ticket prices range from just $35 to $60 for round-robin contests and $50 to $75 for the semi-final and championship final. Tickets will be available at the Ticket Atlantic Box Office, online at TicketAtlantic.com or by phone at 902-451-1221.
Fans are also encouraged to download the official 2019 Memorial Cup App from the Apple App Store or Google Play. The app allows fans to access stats, daily schedules, game stories, events and merchandise on their smart phone or tablet.